Friday 24 October 2008

Scene and Sequel

I'm thoroughly enjoying Techniques of the Selling Writer by Dwight V. Swain. It's packed full of writing advice and tt's made me realise I don't have many sequels to follow my scenes.

The article I've linked to there on Advanced Fiction Writing is one I've read plenty of times too. It shows that the art of teaching is repetition, and that you can never receive too much of the same good advice.

At some point I will need to re-evaluate my copy to see if I should insert some sequels or expand the few sequels that I have.

And I finally got down to do some writing last night, but it had been so long I had to re-familiarise myself with what I'd written in that chapter so far.

Of course, that meant I didn't write any new material, just re-edited the old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fiction Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory