Saturday 1 November 2008

Finally Finished Another Chapter

That's Chapter 16 sort of finished.

It's the first chapter I've finished but still felt it needed a lot more work. It's also the longest I've taken to complete a chapter for a number of reasons.

Firstly, it's the most complex chapter I've written to date. I've stuttered and stumbled on this, struggled with writers block and wrestled with the logic of the whole caboodle.

Secondly, there's that whole real world thing that gets in the way - and rightly so!

And thirdly, I've been stuck into Techniques of the Selling Writer by Dwight V. Swain, and I've found this text to be invaluable. It has given loads of ideas and brought my prose into sharp focus and made me realise how much more work I've got to do (as if I didn't know I had a mountain to climb already).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fiction Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory