Sunday 13 July 2008

Finished Stealing Light

I finished Stealing Light by Gary Gibson yesterday. Yay! Very highly recommended.

As an aspiring author, I felt there were places it could have been better crafted. The book was written in 3rd person with several viewpoint characters, and on the whole it was very well written.

There was only one occasion when I had to double check whose head I was in, and at times it slipped into omniscient narration to describe epic events (although this was handled very well with a change of scene).

The only change I would have made would be to the last scene, which I would have left out. I thought if the ending had been left on the previous scene it would have been more powerful, but hey I'm just an aspiring author and Gary Gibson is published, and doing very well indeed.

Good luck to him, and I'll look forward to the reset of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fiction Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory