Tuesday 17 June 2008

Chapter 10

Okay! It is done. Finally.

And, it only took me about 20 minutes to finish it off this morning.

I am still not overly pleased with how the chapter ends but I think for the type of chapter it is, I think it is doing what it was meant to do.

I gave the 2nd scene a quick reshuffle too. All of my chapters so far, except one, have scenes that have followed directly from the previous scene. There are times when this is just not that interesting for the reader. The exception, by the way, was one scene where there had been a fairly long passage of time, in this instance, only a few days, but as nothing at all exciting happened I wrote it by intertwining the telling with the showing of that particular scene.

I've made a mental note to go back through, my previous chapters, and do the odd reshuffle here and there just to keep it fresh and interesting.

And I've made some good progress on Chapter 11 too.

Yippee!

Ooh and I nearly forgot! This means I am approximately a third of the way through my manuscript, which is a milestone for me.

Double Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fiction Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory